Hold Capacity: 10,000 lbs in six individual holds insulated with foam and rigged for brailers
Last Dry-docked: Presently Reason: Seasonal storage and repower
GENERAL VESSEL DESCRIPTION and LAYOUT:
The F/V is a diesel twin engine water jet vessel with molded hull constructed of vinyl ester fiberglass with Nadi core panels, hand laid by Cardinal Marine at Homer, AK in 2013 and finished by the present owner Spring 2014. The vessel is twin-engine with water jets, the hull a raked stem with a slight vee, hard chine planning bottom with 5" fiberglass rolling chocks and a flat stern. Main cabin / helm is aft, fish hold amidships with self-bailing open work deck forward. Vessel is divided into three compartments with two watertight bulkheads.
This is a typical jet bow picker used for salmon gillnetting in Prince William Sound, at the bow first mounted to the bulwarks is a hydraulic aluminum rubber coated power roller with aluminum fairleads and a net washing system, powered by a 2” Pacer hydraulic seawater pump. Next running aft are six 10” aluminum mooring cleats three each, port and starboard and one amidships aft. Next aft port is a hydraulic helm, engine controls, hydraulic controls and wash down control with plastic access hatch. Starboard on the forward work deck is an aluminum watertight Freeman Marine flush deck hatch accessing the forward DC 12-volt bilge pump, bilge high water alarm and a Pacer hydraulic net/ wash down pump in the bow compartment. The self-bailing flush work deck has 27” high fiberglass with scuppers port and starboard aft. Mounted centerline is a hydraulic driven aluminum salmon reel with level wind. Going aft is the fish hold with six individual insulated fish holds covered by fiberglass hatch covers. Fish hold capacity is approximately 10,000 lbs of unprocessed seafood, insulated with foam w/ fiberglass over coating and gel coat. The fish hold is binned into six individual compartments, rigged for brailers; each hold has a DC 12-volt fish hold bilge pump in sump with cover.
The cabin is entered amidships by a watertight aluminum door that opens outward to the starboard. To the starboard of entry is a settee with small table with fore and aft bench seating with inverter/ charger mounted under the aft bench seat. Next aft is a cabinet with a 2-burner LPG stove with oven recessed into the cabinet with small counter top and storage space. Next aft is the enclosed head with faucet, manual marine head and fiberglass holding tank with Y-valve. To the port of entry is the helm with adjustable bucket seat, hydraulic steering, engine controls, instruments, gauges, battery disconnect switch, various electronics and navigational compass. Next aft is the galley counter with a stainless galley sink recessed into the counter with drawers, storage and Norcold 12-120 volt refrigerator / freezer recessed underneath the counter. Across the back of the cabin is a double bunk with a single bunk above with cushions. Hatches in the lower bunk and cabin sole access the main engines, water jet units, hydraulics, batteries, fuel tank, 12-volt ventilation blower, bilge pumps and bilge high water alarm. The vessel interior is finished in automotive carpeting, wood cabinets w/ Formica, a vinyl sole, with bolted Lexan front windows and aluminum-framed side windows, with sliders port and starboard. The cabin lid has a 36” x 54” engine access hatch for engine removal. There is an aluminum pipe arch mast for lights, with antennas mounted to the forward cabin lid. The stern has hydraulic trim tabs mounted port and starboard under the water jet units. There is a 2” aluminum pipe guard to protect the water jet units mounted to the transom.
HULL / CABIN / DECK:
Hull Material: Molded fiberglass with four 1”x 6” longitudinal fiberglass stringers laminated to the hull
AJR watertight aluminum entry door and side slider windows, Lexan 1/4” front windows,
Ride Seats Inc./ Mariner adjustable air ride pilots seat, Force-10 2-burner LPG cook top with oven: fuel supplied from LPG fiberglass storage bottle mounted under port forward steering console, Norcold NH751BB DC 12-volt/ AC 120-volt refrigerator/ freezer, Wallas 22-DT DC 12-volt forced air diesel cabin heater, stainless steel galley sink, Heater Craft DC 12-volt forced air engine cooling hydronic cabin engine, Jabsco manual marine toilet with 6-gallon fiberglass holding tank and Y-valve, sink with faucet in head.
Thru Hull Fittings: Stainless steel above and below water line
Sea Cocks: Stainless steel ball valves for all bottom thru hull fittings Zincs: New 2014
Water Jet Drive Units: Twin Hamilton-HJ-213/ 8.5” water jets w/ R-3 impellers and HSRX bucket controls
Water Jet Unit Serial#: Port: 2100/ Starboard: 2101 Last Overhaul: Installed new 2014
Trim Tabs: Aluminum 22” x 13” x ¾” w/ DC 12-volt electric/ hydraulic dual ram w/ helm remote switches
Transducer: Port amidships centerline aft of fuel tank, mounted inside hull
Steering: Teleflex/ Sea Star hydraulic steering, 2-stations Location: Port side cabin / Port side bow
HYDRAULICS / WASH DOWN PUMPS:
(2) 13-gpm Pemco hydraulic pump PTO off port and starboard engine drive lines with DC 12-volt electromagnetic clutch and 15-gallon aluminum reservoir tank and filter mounted centerline aft engine room.
(1) Pacer hydraulic 2” net wash / seawater wash down pump with stainless steel thru hull fitting and stainless steel ball shut off valve (located in the bow compartment)
(1) Rule DC 12-volt 1 ¼” seawater wash down pump with stainless steel thru hull fitting and stainless steel ball shut off valve (located in starboard forward engine compartment) with deck hose port amidships work deck
Marine shielded copper strand wiring; wiring appears to be chocked properly and in new condition and maintenance. DC 12-volt system with circuit breaker distribution panel at cabin helm, automatic charging relays and battery disconnect switches. AC 120-volt inverter system with DC to AC inverter/ AC 120-volt battery charger; outlets wired in cabin with shore power system wired into inverter charger; 30-amp shore power receptacle starboard forward cabin bulkhead.
BATTERIES & CHARGERS:
(2) DC 12-volt (engine start) secured port and starboard sides aft engine room secured in fiberglass boxes with vapor tight battery disconnect switch. Batteries charged by DC 12-volt engine belt driven alternators or Xantrex Freedom HF AC 120-volt DC 12-volt 40-amp automatic battery step charger.
(2) DC 12-volt 4-D (house inverter) secured starboard side forward engine compartment with vapor tight battery disconnect switch. Batteries charged by DC 12-volt engine belt driven alternators or Xantrex Freedom / AC 120-volt DC 12-volt 40-amp automatic battery step charger.
(1) Abso KISAE 1000-watt DC 12-volt to AC 120-volt power inverter/ AC 120-volt DC 12-volt 40-amp automatic battery step charger. Inverter/ charger is mounted under starboard galley bench seat with remote monitoring panel starboard cabin; inverter used for cabin AC 120-volt
Number of Tanks: One
Construction Material: Fiberglass w/ vinyl ester resin
Location: Saddle forward of the engine compartment
Fuel Feed Lines: USCG A-1 Neoprene hose.
Total Capacity: 300-gallons
Fuel Gauge: Yes
Fill Connections: Flush w/ threaded caps P/S sides
Shutoff Valves at Tank: Yes, top drawn
Tank Vents: Yes, vented to the atmosphere
Filters: Spin-on at engines; dual Racor 500 FH water/ fuel separator filters remote mounted to fuel tank
Number of Tanks: One
Total Capacity: 20-gallons
Construction Material: Plastic
Location: Forward engine compartment centerline
Fresh Water Pump: DC 12-volt w/ filter
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT:
(1) Standard Horizon Eclipse DSC VHF/FM radio transceiver
(1) Icom V-8000 2-meter radio transceiver
(1) Vortex Standard VX 5500L 2-meter radio transceiver
(1) Garmin 547xs GPS chart plotter/ video depth sounder
(1) Microsoft mini CPU with GPS receiver and navigational software
(1) Garmin 547xs GPS chart plotter/ video depth sounder
(1) Ritchie 2 ½” navigational compass, (bow)
(1) Ritchie 3” navigational compass, (main cabin)
LED DC 12-volt navigation lights for class
(2) LED DC 12-volt deck light recessed under the forward and aft cabin lid
(3) LED DC 12-volt picking lights mounted under bow bulwarks
(4) LED DC 12-volt spot light mounted to the bow roller
Aluminum 1 ½" pipe arch mast; supports antennas and lights, mounted centerline forward to cabin lid.
DECK & FISHING GEAR/GROUND TACKLE:
Anchor Rode: 15 Kg. plow anchor with 3/8” chain and 100’ of 5/8” Samson anchor line
(1) Aluminum net reel 30" x 52" driven by a hydraulic Currency gear box with hydraulic level wind.
(1) Custom 30” hydraulic power roller with aluminum fairleads mounted to bow
(1) 2” aluminum pipe guard to protect the water jet units mounted to the transom
(6) 10" aluminum mooring cleats
Heat/Smoke/Vapor Detectors: None
(2) 1A / 10:B:C B:C size 1 3 lb. Dry chemical in cabin by head and helm (new 2014)
Engine Room Halon: None
Bilge Alarms: Audiovisual alarm at cabin helm, alarm in engine and bow compartments
(1) Rule DC 12-volt 3500 manual, aft engine compartment.