Built By: Hull by Freddy’s Marine LLC. of Homer, AK
Estimated Cruise Speed: 30 knots @ 3400 rpm
Fuel Consumption: 20-gph combined
Hold Capacity: 8,000 lbs of unprocessed seafood, insulated with foam and rigged for brailers
Last Dry-docked: Presently Reason: Seasonal storage and maintenance
GENERAL VESSEL DESCRIPTION and LAYOUT:
The F/V is a molded hull constructed of fiberglass, hand laid by Freddy’s Marine LLC. of Homer, AK in the spring of 2009 and finished by the present owner. The vessel is twin-engine gas with 8 ½” water jets, the hull a raked stem with a slight vee, hard chine planning bottom with flat stern. Main cabin / helm is aft, fish hold amidships with self-bailing open work deck forward. Vessel is divided into three compartments with two watertight bulkheads. This is a typical jet bow picker used for salmon gillnetting in Prince William Sound, at the bow first mounted to the bulwarks is a hydraulic power roller with aluminum fairleads and net wash system, powered by a 2” Pacer hydraulic seawater pump mounted in the bow compartment. Next running aft are six 10” cleats three each, port and starboard and one amidships aft. Next aft port is a helm, engine controls, hydraulic controls and wash down control with plastic access hatch. Amidships on the forward work deck is an aluminum watertight 26” oval Freeman Marine flush deck hatch accessing the anchor gear, forward bilge pump and the Pacer hydraulic net/ wash down pump in the bow compartment. The self-bailing work deck has 31” bulwarks, with two scuppers port and starboard aft. Mounted centerline to the deck is a hydraulic driven aluminum reel with level wind. Next aft is the fish hold with one hinged aluminum hatch cover. The fish hold capacity is 8,000 lbs of unprocessed seafood, insulated with foam w/ fiberglass over coating and gel coat. The fish hold is binned into three compartments fore aft, rigged for brailers and has a 12-volt Rule with float switch for a fish hold pump in sump w/ grated aluminum cover.
The cabin is entered amidships by a watertight aluminum door that opens outward to the starboard. To the starboard of entry is a settee with small table looking forward, with storage and 1.5 lb. stell LP gas bottle for galley stove in bench seat. Next aft is a L-shaped Formica counter top with stainless galley sink and Force-10 2-burner LP Gas stove/ oven recessed into the counter with drawers and storage underneath. To the port of entry is the helm with adjustable bucket seat, hydraulic steering, full engine controls, instruments, gauges, various electronics, bilge pump switches and a compass. The cabinet under the helm seat has a Red Dot 12-volt forced air engine cooling water cabin heater and an Espar diesel 12-volt forced air cabin heater and 12-volt backup electronics battery are mounted inside the cabinet. There is a vapor tight battery switch for the backup battery on the back of the cabinet. Next aft is an enclosed head with cabinet and sink with running water and 12-volt electric marine toilet. Across the back of the cabin is a double bunk with a single bunk above with cushions. Hatches in the cabin sole and under lower bunk access the main engines, jet units, hydraulics, batteries, 12-volt exhaust/ ventilation blowers, bilge pump and bilge high water alarm. The fuel tank is located under the cabin sole forward of the engine compartment with fuel filters accessible in the engine compartment. The cabin has bolted ¼” Lexan front windows with aluminum water tight door and aluminum-framed side windows, with sliders port and starboard sides. The cabin lid has a 36” x 54” fiberglass engine access hatch for engine removal. There is an aluminum pipe arch mast with lights and antennas mounted to the cabin lid. The stern has 12-volt electric trim tabs mounted port and starboard under the water jet units with a 2 ” aluminum pipe guard to protect the jet units mounted to the transom.
HULL / CABIN / DECK:
Hull Material: Molded fiberglass with longitudinal stringers laminated to the hull.
Cabin Material: Fiberglass, cabin lid reinforced with foam
Deck/ Bulkheads: Fiberglass with wood core bulkheads and fiberglass with foam core deck
Thru Hull Fittings: Bronze below water line, plastic above the water line
Sea Cocks: Bronze ball valves for Pacer net wash down pump and marine head intakes
Water Jet Drive Units: Twin Hamilton-HJ-213 8 ½" water jets with HSRX bucket controls
Steering: Teleflex/ Sea star hydraulic steering, two stations
Location: Port side cabin / Port side bow.
HYDRAULICS / WASH DOWN/ MISC PUMPS:
(1) Permco P-21 16-gpm hydraulic gear pump PTO off front of port main engine with Pitts 12-volt electromagnetic clutch. Hydraulic system has a 10-gallon aluminum reservoir tank and return filter mounted starboard amidships engine compartment.
(1) Pacer hydraulic 2” net wash / seawater wash down pump with wash down hose, mounted in the bow compartment with 2” butter fly valve.
Construction material: Fiberglass with three baffles.
Location: Saddle forward of the engine compartment
Fuel Feed Lines: USCG A-1 Neoprene hose.
Total Capacity: 280-gallons (reported by the builder)
Fuel Gauge: Yes
Tank Vents: To atmosphere
Fill Connections: Flush w/ threaded cap
Shutoff Valves at Tank: No, top drawn.
Filters: Spin-on primary filters at engine with remote mounted Dual Racor 500 FG fuel / water separators with shut off valves and fuel/ water/ pressure monitor at cabin helm with indicator lights
Number of Tanks: One
Total Capacity: 9-gallons
Construction material: Plastic
Location: Under starboard cabinet
Pump: Jabsco Par/Max-3 12-volt electric pump w/ water filter
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT:
(1) Icom IC-M504 VHF/FM radio transceiver
(1) Vortex Standard VX-555 group radio transceiver
(1) Garmin GPS Map 5212 chart plotter.
Depth / Color Sounders:
(1) Garmin 400 C fish finder/ color video sounder.
(1) Richie 3” bubble, navigational compass at cabin helm
(1) Pioneer Super Tuner CD/ AM / FM stereo player with speakers
Running and anchor lights for class.
(1) 4”x6” 12-volt 50-watt sealed beam deck light, mounted under cabin lid brow.
(2) 4” x 6” 12-volt 50-watt sealed beam picking lights, under forward bulwarks.
(1) 4” x 6” 12-volt 50-watt sealed beam picking light mounted to the bow power roller.
Jabsco 12-volt 6” remote operated spot light, mounted port side cabin lid.
Lexan 500 mar-guard front windows and aluminum framed sliding side windows, Nicks Iron Works watertight aluminum entry door, adjustable pilots seat, Force-10 2-burner LP Gas stove/ oven; by steel LP 1 .5 gallon gas supply bottle mounted under settee bench seat starboard cabin, Espar diesel cabin heater mounted under port cabin helm seat cabinet; fuel supplied by 10-gallon aluminum tank mounted aft wall of enclosed head, composite galley sink, Red Dot engine waste water cabin heaters port and starboard recessed into cabinetry, 12-volt marine toilet, 12-volt lighting.
Shielded AWG copper strand marine wiring, wiring appears to be secured properly and in good maintenance; electrical system was installed new in the spring of 2009. DC 12-volt system with circuit breaker distribution panel at cabin helm.
BATTERIES & CHARGERS:
(2) 8-D 12-volt DC start/ house batteries secured port and starboard forward engine compartment, charged by belt driven engine alternators with vapor tight battery disconnect switch behind helm seat.
(1) 12-volt deep cycle DC emergency electronics battery secured under cabin helm seat, charged by belt driven engine alternators with vapor tight battery switch under cabin helm dash
(1) Cobra CPI 2575 2500-watt DC to AC power inverter mounted under cabin helm dash
Aluminum pipe mast mounted to the cabin lid for lights only, antennas mounted to the cabin lid.
DECK & FISHING GEAR/GROUND TACKLE:
Anchor Rode: 15 kg Bruce anchor with 3/8” chain x 35’ and 100’ of ¾” Samson anchor line.
Other: Custom 45” x 40” aluminum reel driven by a Kem Equipment KR-D hydraulic gear box with hydraulic level wind Petrzelka 30” hydraulic power roller with aluminum fairleads mounted to the bow
2” aluminum pipe guard/ with center step for protection of the jet units mounted to the transom.
Heat/Smoke/Vapor Detectors: 9-volt battery smoke alarm/ 9-volt battery carbon monoxide detector/ alarm XINTEX Fireboy/ M-1 gas fume detector with sensor in forward engine compartment
Two 12-volt bilge exhaust blower's port and starboard sides in engine compartment
(2) 2:A 10:B:C Type A size II B:C size I dry chemical 5 lbs. (in the green) Located cabin entry, engine room
(1) 1:A / 10:BC BC size 1 class B:C / 2 ½ lb. ABC Dry chemical located at cabin helm
Automatic Fire Extinguisher: None
Bilge Alarms: Visual warning at cabin helm, hooked to backup Rule 2000 with internal float in forward engine compartment.
(1) 12-volt Rulemate 2000 with internal float, aft engine compartment.
(1) 12-volt Rulemate 2000 with internal float, forward engine compartment/ emergency back up
(1) 12-volt Rulemate 2000 with internal float, in sump w/ cover in fish hold.