Built By: Freestyle Marine LLC/ Outfitted by owner at Homer, Alaska
Hull Construction: Molded Fiberglass
Registered Length: 32'
Estimated Cruise Speed: 24 knots @ 2300 rpm
Estimated Fuel Consumption: 20 gph combined
Estimated Hold Capacity: 18,000 lbs; six insulated holds w/ 3-zones of 5-ton RSW, rigged w/ brailers
Last Dry-docked: Presently
Reason: Seasonal storage
GENERAL VESSEL DESCRIPTION and LAYOUT:
The F/V is a diesel twin engine water jet vessel with molded hull constructed of fiberglass w/ a raked stem, slight vee, reverse hard chine planning bottom w/ flat stern. Main cabin / helm port aft with, fish hold amidships with flush self-bailing work deck/ helm port forward. Vessel is divided into three compartments with two watertight bulkheads. This is a typical jet bow picker used for salmon gillnetting; at the bow first mounted to the bulwarks is a hydraulic aluminum rubber coated power roller with aluminum fairleads and a net washing system powered by a 2” Pacer hydraulic seawater pump mounted in the bow compartment. Next running aft are six 12” mooring cleats three each, port and starboard and one amidships aft. Next aft port is a hydraulic helm, engine controls, hydraulic controls and wash down control with access hatch. The self-bailing flush work deck has 34” fiberglass bulwarks encompassing the bow with scuppers amidships aft port and starboard sides. Forward starboard self bailing flush work deck has an aluminum watertight deck hatch accessing the bow compartment which contains a 2" thru hull and shut off valve for Pacer hydraulic driven wash down pump and DC 12-volt bilge pump. Mounted centerline to the deck on aluminum rails is a hydraulic driven aluminum salmon reel w/ level wind that slides fore and aft with stainless steel locking pins.
Next aft is the fish hold covered with six molded fiberglass hatch covers. Fish hold is sectioned into six compartments that are spray foam insulated with a fiberglass over coating and gel coat; holds are plumbed for RSW, are rigged for brailers and have individual DC 12-volt bilge pumps in cover sumps.
The cabin is entered amidships by a watertight aluminum framed Lexan door that opens outward to the starboard. To the starboard of entry is a forward facing settee w/ table and storage under the bench seat. Next aft is the galley area with a cabinet, Formica counter with a 2-burner LPG stove with oven recessed into the cabinet and a double stainless sink recessed into the counter top with cupboard space for storage. To the port of entry is the cabin helm with adjustable bucket seat, hydraulic steering, engine controls, instruments, gauges, various electronics, navigational compass, electrical panels, bilge pump switches and bilge high water alarm. Next aft is an AC 120-volt 3.5 cu. Ft. chest freezer mounted behind the cabin helm and a cabinet with storage space and a Dickinson diesel cabin heater mounted to the top. Next aft port is an enclosed marine head with manual marine head w/ Y-valve and holding tank and shower w/ hot and cold pressurized water and floor drain. Centerline aft is two tiered bunks, double and single with storage compartments to the starboard side and engine compartment access under the lower bunk. The engine compartment is accessed port and starboard aft cabin through hinged aluminum hatch covers. The engine compartment contains the main engines, transmissions, water jet units, hydraulics, batteries, inverter, fuel tank, fuel filter, self contained RSW system, DC 12-volt bilge pumps and bilge high water alarm. The vessel interior is finished in automotive carpeting, wood cabinets with Formica, Formica counter tops, vinyl sole, with bolted Lexan front windows with aluminum-framed side windows with sliders port and starboard sides. Mounted to the aft cabin lid is an aluminum pipe arch mast for radar dome lights and antennas. A fiberglass engine removal hatch is molded into the aft cabin lid and is secured inside the cabin. The stern has 2” aluminum pipe guard/ swim platform to protect the water jet units mounted to the transom.
HULL / CABIN / DECK:
Hull Material: Molded fiberglass with longitudinal wood encapsulated in fiberglass stringers laminated to the hull. Fiberglass exterior bulwarks has a 4" 1" UHMW guard encompassing the hull.
Cabin Material: Molded fiberglass with honey comb panel core lid and sole.
Decks/ Bulkheads: Honey comb panels with fiberglass overlay; forward self baling flush work deck has removable aluminum grated false deck.
Thru Hull Fittings: Stainless steel/ bronze below and above the water line
Sea Cocks: UHMW and stainless steel ball shut off valves
Zincs: Need new zincs
Water Jet Units: Ultra Jet 305H-00327 12" w/ hydraulic bucket control belt driven off input shafts.
Water Jet Unit Serial Nos.: Port-7445/ Starboard-7444
Steering: Teleflex/ Seastar hydraulic steering, 2-stations Location: Port side cabin / Port side bow
HYDRAULICS/ RSW/ MISC. PUMPS:
New 01/ 2017 Two Eaton 3.0 cube load sensing hydraulic pumps PTO off ZF transmissions w/ 14.5-gallon aluminum hydraulic oil reservoir tank mounted port side engine compartment w/ oil cooler, return filter.
New 05/ 2016; Pacific West 5-ton self contained RSW system w/ compressor hydraulic driven off starboard transmission w/ copper / nickel chiller, hydraulic driven 2” x 2” circulation pump and 1" x 1" seawater condenser pump w/ seawater strainers. RSW plumbed w/ 2” schedule PVC pipe and Tiger flex hose w/ stainless clamps and has valves and plugs for three zones.
(1) New 05/ 2016; Pacer reversible hydraulic driven 2” all bilges/ net wash / seawater wash down pump with UHMW selector valve and 1" wash down hose, pump mounted in port helm console with 2" UHMW ball valve and thru hull fitting in bow compartment.
(1) New 01/ 2017; Jabsco Commercial Duty Water Puppy DC 12-volt 1” seawater wash down pump w/ wash down hose, UHMW ball valve and thru hull fitting starboard forward engine room.
AJR watertight aluminum/ Lexan entry door and side slider windows, Lexan 1/4” front windows, Mariner adjustable helm seat, Seaward Force 10 two burner LPG galley stove w/ oven; fuel supplied from LPG supply tank mounted centerline aft cabin lid, Magic Chef 3.5 cu. ft. AC 120-volt chest freezer port side cabin, Dickenson Alaska diesel cabin heater; fuel supplied from main tank via DC 12-volt pulse pump, Red Dot DC 12-volt forced air engine coolant hydronic cabin heater centerline aft cabin, double stainless steel galley sink w/ pressurized hot and cold freshwater, Par marine manual marine toilet w/ Y-valve and black water tank, shower w/ hot and cold pressurized fresh water, DC 12-volt interior lighting.
Shielded marine copper strand wiring, wiring appears to be done in a workmanship like manner and secured properly; wiring and electrical systems installed new 03/ 2016. DC 12-volt circuit breaker distribution panels at cabin helm w/ DC 12-volt engine starting system and DC 12-volt house/ electronics system; both systems have vapor tight battery disconnect switches at batteries in engine room.
BATTERIES & CHARGERS:
(2) DC 12-volt group 31 marine batteries for 12-volt engine start, batteries secured to starboard inboard of main engine in aluminum box. Batteries have automatic charging relays and are charged by engine belt driven DC 12-volt alternator w/ Blue Seas vapor tight battery disconnect switch at batteries; owner reports batteries new 2016.
(2) DC 12-volt 8-D XHD marine batteries for house/ inverter, batteries secured to port inboard of main engine in aluminum box. Batteries automatic charging relays and are charged by port engine belt driven DC 12-volt alternator w/ Blue Seas vapor tight battery disconnect switch at batteries; owner reports batteries new 2016.
(1) Cobra DC 12-volt to AC 120-volt 2500-watt power inverter mounted starboard aft engine room, w/ vapor tight battery disconnect switch wired into DC 12-volt house batteries.
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT:
(1) Icom IC-M504 VHF/FM radio transceiver
(1) Standard Horizon Matrix VHF/FM radio transceiver
(1) Standard Vortex VHF/FM radio transceiver
(1) Garmin HD 38-mile radar networked with Garmin GPSmap 741 chart plotter
(1) Garmin GPSmap 741 GPS chart plotter
(1) Garmin Echomap 70s GPS plotter/ video depth sounder
(1) Garmin Echomap 70s GPS plotter/ video depth sounder
(1) Raymarine ACU-200 auto pilot w/ GPS gyro compass
(1) Richie 3 ½” navigational compass cabin helm
Navigation Lights: DC 12-volt LED running and anchor lights for class
(4) DC 12-volt LED deck lights recessed under bow bulwarks and cabin lid
(2) DC 12-volt LED spot lights mounted to the bow roller
(6) Rule DC 12-volt #1500 gph w/ float; bow compartment.
(1) Rule DC 12-volt #1500 gph w/ float; bow compartment.
(1) Pacer reversible hydraulic driven 2” net wash / seawater wash down pump with UHMW selector valve and 1" wash down hose, pump mounted in port helm console with 2" UHMW ball valve and thru hull fitting in bow compartment.