The Fishing Vessel is a 54’ l.o.a. wood-hull commercial fishing vessel built in 1952 in Vancouver, B.C. by Mario Tarabochia. Originally all wood, it was subsequently rebuilt, with the decks, bulwarks and house removed and replaced with aluminum. The wood-frame tophouse was added by current owner. Vessel is currently rigged as a salmon seiner and longliner. The house, with tophouse, sits forward, with adjacent side decks accessing the bow, anchor winch and foc’sle escape hatch.
The main cabin has the lower pilothouse, which has steps down to the foc’sle. Aft of the lower pilothouse is the captain’s stateroom to Port and an enclosed marine head to Starboard. Aft is the galley with settee to Starboard and galley equipment to port. A hinged door leads aft to the main deck.
Foc’sle has five bunks and storage. Aft, through a hinged door is the engine room, with a single diesel engine on centerline, a diesel generator set, refrigeration system, and related equipment.
Main deck has a hatch opening to the fish hold which is plumbed for an 18 ton refrigerated sea water system (RSW). Aft is a hatch to the lazarette, accessing the steering gear/rudder post.
A ladder on the cabin aft bulkhead leads up to the tophouse which has the helm station on centerline, with controls to Port and Starboard. A full complement of electronics is appropriately situated throughout the pilothouse.
Builder: Mario Tarabochia
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reg. length: 54’
Mechanical equipment, including main and auxiliary propulsion equipment were inspected visually where possible, but were not assessed internally. For detailed mechanical information, a dedicated inspection by a qualified marine mechanic is always recommended.
A. HULL, DECK, SUPERSTRUCTURE
1. Hull: Carvel planked 1 ¾” fir
2. Framing: 2 ¾” x 3 ½” oak
3. Deck beams: 5 ½” x 6 ½” fir
4. Deck: Aluminum with 22” extensions on hull sides
5. Keel: 8”x12” fir
6. Stem: 8” x 16” hardwood
7. Bulkheads: (4) Framed wood construction
8. Guards: Aluminum, integral to bulwarks
9. Bulwarks: Aluminum
10. Freeing ports: Adequate
11. House: Aluminum main house; wood tophouse
12. Paint/Cover Coat: Mariner coatings/epoxy
B. MAIN ENGINE(S)
1. Make and Model: GMC DETROIT 871 diesel engine
2. Serial# Not sighted
3. Year: 2014 major overhaul HP: 325
4. Hours: 8,500 (reported)
5. RPM: 1800 Aspiration: Blower
6. Starting: 32vdc Cooling: Keel cooler
7. Exhaust: Dry Ventilation: Atmosphere
8. Reduction gear: ALLISON MH-37B Ratio: Not sighted
9. Controls: MATHERS MicroCommander (3) heads
10. Attached Units: 32vdc alternator; hydraulic pump on front PTO
C. AUXILIARY ENGINE #1
1. Make and Model: ISUZU diesel 4BG1
Hours: Approx. 25,000 Year: Installed used in 2012 Cylinders: 4
3. Start: 12vdc RPM: 1800
4. Aspirated: N Exhaust: Dry Cooling: Keel cooler Service: 208vac 50kw
1. Type: 8vdc for 32vdc system; 12vdc for 12vdc system: 12vdc emergency 8D in pilothouse